7 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Introduction to Department of Health – divisions and hierarchy
- Roles of QAS Media Unit – organising media opportunities, liaising with media, monitoring of the iROAM (Integrated Real-Time Operational Ambulance Management) and posting incidents on social media
- Very strict confidentiality rules – what can and cannot be released to the media
- Tweeted incidents QAS/paramedics responded to:
- Answered media calls
- Logged media enquiries into the Media Log
- Listened to recorded Triple Zero (000) calls, hoax and real, to understand how Operators translate calls into iROAM.
8 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Tweeted incidents paramedics responded to:
- Answered media calls and logged enquiries into Media Log
- Started a mini media campaign #SummerSafety
- Reacting to multiple incidents of near drowning, heat related illnesses and incidents involving watercraft
- Proactive measure to emphasise awareness and safety in the State
- Staggered posting times
14 Jan 2016, 0800-1600
- Morning: Went to media training day hosted by Michael Franks (supervisor) and Media Officer Tamani, for paramedic recruits.
- Afternoon: Went to media opp. for home birth in Regency Downs with Media Officer Emma.
- Liaised between family and media
- Took photos of family, responding EMD and paramedics
15 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Read the Media Report and Morning Round Up to become up-to-date with the previous overnight jobs
- Read the Media Log to become up-to-date with the morning’s jobs
- Completed the Fire and Emergency training
- Sorted through the QAS Media Unit’s private Facebook messages to determine which had yet to be actioned and which could be used for QAS’ social media platforms
- Contacted the fifteen Queensland LASN’s (Local Ambulance Service Network) to introduce self and update the Media Unit’s contact lists
21 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Interviewed CCP Christian Harch over the phone
- Wrote profile piece about Christian Harch for QAS Insight Magazine Autumn edition
- Created a series of #AustraliaDay Tweets relating to heat related illness and issues
22 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Tasked with writing two double-page spreads for QAS Insight March edition
- Women in QAS – for International Women’s Day (March 8)
- Launch of History and People of QAS
- Thursday Island Ambulance Station – most remote station
- Charters Towers Ambulance Station – station operating at the same site for the longest
- Started contacting individuals for interviews for features
- Dee Taylor-Dutton, Assistant Commissioner QAS
- Jodie Rogers, SOS, first female paramedic to join Special Operations Response Team (SORT)
- Mick Davis, Volunteer Manager History & Heritage QAS
- David Cameron, OIC Thursday Island QAS Station
- Clark Magele, OIC Charters Towers QAS Station
- Monitored iROAM and Tweeted incidents
28 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Edit Christian Harch profile
- Interview with Mick Davis, Volunteer Manager History & History Queensland Ambulance Service
- Chased up sources and found new ones
- Monitored iROAM, answered media calls, updated Media Log
29 Jan 2016, 0900-1700
- Interview with QAS Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Service Planning and Performance, Dee Taylor-Dutton for QAS Insight – International Women’s Day feature
- Interview with Viv King – International Women’s Day feature
- Interview with Charters Towers OIC, Clark Magele – Charters Towers feature
- Interview with Charters Towers officer Daniel Cobain – Charters Towers feature
- Worked on International Women’s Day and Charters Towers features for QAS Insight.
- Monitored iROAM, answered media calls and updated Media Log.
4 Feb 2016, 0900-1700
- Follow-up interview with Charters Towers officer Daniel Cobain
- Finished Charters Towers feature for QAS Insight
- Interview Marcia Love, OIC Springwood International Women’s Day feature for International Women’s Day feature for QAS Insight.
- Finished International Women’s Day feature for QAS Insight
- Organised photo op with Marcia Love and Viv King for International Women’s Day feature.
- Transcribed Deidre Whap interview for Thursday Island feature for QAS Insight.
5 Feb 2016, 0900-1700
- Wrote Thursday Island feature for QAS Insight.
- Edited Charters Towers and International Women’s Day features for QAS Insight.
- Edited Thursday Island feature for QAS Insight.
- Monitored iROAM, answered media calls, updated Media Log.
- Tweeted incidents